Translate

va poolsessions
Artist: Various Artists
Title: Pool Sessions
Genre: Indie
Release Date: 21st November 2011
Label: Electric Fantastic Sound

Album Review

The problem with this release is that it put me off from the very beginning. Petter Seander amidst the sound of water (I presume it is a swimming pool) and some tweets has grabbed his guitar thinking that his audience is his hippie auntie, the one that was left behind in the Woodstock. And Jannike Stenlund, in order to keep him company has embedded some more tweets (!!!) along with a guitar and a violin. Well you’ll not believe it but the tweets are present in de Montevert’s song as well along with bells and a synth bought on sale from the 80’s. Bloody hell. KING MELODIES, the same, tweets and acoustic guitars, just like the BLANK GENERATION (surprise; not only tweets but sounds of water and acoustic guitars). Of course with plenty of emotion. And if a song called ‘Seagulls’ doesn’t have tweets what else might it have? Of course that the seagulls do not tweet but screech went unnoticed. Apparently the idea of live recording of these bands next to a swimming pool in Halmstad, Sweden didn’t work as the producers had expected. The product is the result of New Age aesthetics and its sound the sound of Mother Nature plus guitars. The uncritical application of the cinematic principles of Dogma 95 in the area of music is lamentable and disastrous. It also shows lack of understanding of the differences between sound and film as mediums of artistic expression. I’m speechless; cows on drugs are more cheerful and interesting. And they don’t bloody tweet.

Tracklist

01. Petter Seander – Lean On Me – 3:09
02. Jannike Stenlund – Rise – 4:49
03. De Montevert – Du kommer ångra dig – 3:18
04. Svante Karlsson – Kommer aldrig mer igen – 5:26
05. Summer Heart – Simple Minds – 4:46
06. King Melodies - You Will Win – 4:34
07. Death In The Afternoon – Untitled 2 – 2:50
08. Blank Generation – The Movement – 5:05
09. Tommy Svensson – So So Sweet – 2:42
10. Slutet – Look On Down The Bridge – 3:29
11. Lucknow Pact – Seagulls – 2:26
12. Marble Hill – Lump Sum – 4:33
13. Hegaliden – Upp På Höjden – 4:10
14. The Naima Train – Train In The Reverse – 6:17
15. Elodrama – I Don’t Belong – 3:50
16. Marble Hill - Sitting (Bonus Track) – 4:56

Websites

http://www.electricfantasticsound.com / https://www.facebook.com/ElectricFantasticSound

Cover Picture

va poolsessions

Rating

Music: 3
Sound: 1
Total: 2 / 10

Comments powered by CComment