RoD header

Translate

Artist: Wortmord
Title: Wortgeburt
Genre: Thrash Metal / Teutonic Thrash / Metalcore
Release Date: 24th September 2010
Label: Sunny Bastard

Album Review

WORTMORD aka Word Murder sprouted out as a project of once a member from SODOM Josef Dominic and his comrades-in-Metal. Whilst SODOM was/is one of the great German / Teutonic Thrash bands, I don’t know what is going on here. I have to check the year is still 2010 because this is Thrash Metal retro circa 1983, a bad retro at that. Though inspired by the Thrash greatest as SLAYER, METALLICA and even more pronounced influences of SEPULTURA (which is especially noticeable in third track ‘Einfach mal die Fresse halten’) and Crossover’s DIRTY ROTTEN IMBECILES aka D.R.I. in most songs and especially the fifth ‘Wortmord’, it hardly measures up - it’s like an ant under the feet of the titans. Sure you might say that they don’t have to be the greatest but they’re not good either. Even TANKARD after consuming a very high crater tower of beer would sound better than this.

Not only WORTMORD’S Wortgeburt sounds dated, it’s tired and going through the motions more than possessing any real authentic power, raw energy and daring oomph, the tempos are not fast enough, the riffs refusing to add up speed and thrash it out, the voice doesn’t hit, hammer and pierce your skull at all, a gentle stroke?! No thanks. Leaning towards Metalcore doesn’t work to resuscitate the corpse either, it’s just not enough even if it slightly rises in the last song ‘Bloody Corpse’; they’d be beaten already in the home round by bands like HEAVEN SHALL BURN, CALIBAN, MACHINEMADE GOD & WAR FROM THE HARLOTS MOUTH within the first half minute. “Enttäuschung” (disappointment) is the word, not “Mord” (murder).

Tracklist

01. Wilkommen in Club der lebenden Leichen
02. Armee der Finsternis
03. Einfach mal die Fresse halten
04. Harmonie
05. Wortmord
06. Die Feile im Mund
07. Mach schon
08. Schoene Zeiten
09. Zur Teilung bereit
10. Wortgeburt
11. Zum Leiden geboren