Translate

faderhead theworldoffaderhead
Artist: Faderhead
Title: The World Of Faderhead
Genre: Electronica
Release Date: 30th March 2012
Label: L-Tracks

Album Review

What is the ‘World of Faderhead’? Simply put it is a “Fistful of Fuck You”! The German FADERHEAD are back with their credo being the title of the first song and a tongue-in-cheek attitude. In other words, the whole concept of this release is 50 minutes of party-time, which has its ups and downs, but at the end of it you are going to have a peculiar feeling. I will explain here this very peculiarity. Dirty Electro and funky coolness, aggressiveness and moments of contemplation, all of them are bundled and mixed superbly. They promote the party-animal myth and at the same time they undermine it with slower tempo songs like the wonderful ‘Nothing for Nothing’. It is certain that the FADERHEAD are always in touch with the commercial aspect of music. But such a pigeonholing would do injustice to their music. There are the dance-floor fillers like ‘Fistful Of Fuck You’, ‘Join Us’, ‘Swedish Models And Cocaine’, and ‘I Got My Bass Back’, among some others, in which the Industrial samples are shining.

Yet, at the same time, the band refuses to be classified as a typical Electro-orientated band in which its imagination is analogous to the lack of the sample richness and melodies that it uses. They allow themselves, for better or worse, to experiment and express themselves with more diverse soundscapes. Therefore their collaboration with Daniel Myer doesn’t come as a surprise; rather it is the natural outcome of the acoustic pluralism the band wants to fuse into its releases. The ‘Ballad Of The Weak’ adds a layer of mortality (in the vein of NIN) and irony as the song in a way juxtaposes some other more up-beat songs here, offering a more round-up approach not only to FADERHEAD’s music personas but also to their audiences’ party-animalist tendencies as well.

In the ‘World Of Faderhead’ the band manages to create not only a 3-D world (an artistic rarity these days) but much more importantly a 3-D person that had a great time at the party but s/he leaves tired with a bitter feeling. Reminds you of someone you know?

Tracklist

01. Fistful Of Fuck You
02. Older Now
03. Join Us
04. Inside Of Me
05. Swedish Models And Cocaine
06. Not A Robot
07. Sick City
08. Nothing For Nothing
09. Watching Over You (feat. Daniel Myer)
10. I Got My Bass Back (feat. Shaolyn)
11. This Machine
12. Ballad Of The Weak

Line-up

Sami Mark Yahya

additional line-up for this album:
Alex Montana
Marco Visconti

Websites

http://www.faderhead.com/ / https://www.facebook.com/faderhead

Cover Picture

faderhead theworldoffaderhead