Translate

ruinside thehunt
Artist: Ruinside
Title: The Hunt
Genre: Melodic Thrash Metal
Release Date: 29th October 2012
Label: Mighty Music/ Target Distribution

Album Review

After two EPs, one in 2008 titled ‘To Only Kill for Sport’ and the next one in 2009 titled ‘Rise Up!... to Extermination?’, RUINSIDE from Tampere, Finland released in October their debut album titled 'The Hunt'. The genre of the album is mainly thrash metal but we will also find many melodic elements. A strong point in this album in my opinion is Toni Salminen's voice, Toni doesn't have the typical thrash metal voice I would say that his voice reminds me Charles Rytkönen from MORGANA LEFAY. The job on the guitars is very good and I think the main influence on the guitars is TESTAMENT. Something else that differentiates the album from typical thrash acts is the use of keyboards and the use of classical instruments like contrabass, cello and violin, especially on the song ‘Forced Confessions’ you can hear them very clear. The production is good and emphasizes Toni's voice and the good job on guitars. Closing to say that The Hunt is a good album for head banging and not only and leaves promises for RUINSIDE's future.

Tracklist

01. The End (intro)
02. Shower of Accusations
03. Beware!
04. Hunters of Divine Society
05. Witch Hammer
06. Hide-and-Seek
07. Labyrinth of Silence
08. Wounded and Defeated
09. Within Hammer and Tongs
10. Beleaguered
11. T.O.R.T.U.R.E.