RoD header

deadlockIn a very friendly manner Germany's modern metal act DEADLOCK and their singer Joe Prem have decided to go part ways.

All booked shows for the rest of 2011 will be played.
Here are the dates:

03.12. Annaberg-Buchholz (D) - Alte Brauerei

DEADLOCK, LAKE OF TEARS
Co-Headline Tour, Support:  Lights Finding Ourea
presented by Rock Hard Magazine und Metalnews.de
27.12.2011 Oberhausen (D) - Zentrum Altenberg
28.12.2011 Zürich (CH) - Dynamo Werk 21
29.12.2011 Ebersbach (D) - OKV
30.12.2011 Glauchau (D) - Alte Spinnerei

The new guy behind the microphone has been found already and will be announced soon. DEADLOCK will also start with the writing process for their next album soon, be prepared!

Here the statement from Johannes Prem:

...time to say goodbye...

After over 15 years of heavy music and being one of the founding members of Deadlock it is time to start a new chapter in my life.

It was not an easy decision for me to split ways with my longtime friends but as life goes on everybody has to learn where to set his priorities. Having a great job and a perfect little family there is simply not enough time to give Deadlock the attention and time it deserves.

So it is time to say a big thank you to all the people I met during that time and to all those friends that will always be part of my life. Deadlock to me always was so much more than just music, it was all about a strong message, a lifestyle and being on the road and party with friends, but times are changing and so I will search for new ways to give my thoughts and emotions a voice.

It was a great time to be on the road with best friends, sharing so many funny moments we will laugh about for the rest of our lifes (Tobi and Gert know what I talk about), having a musical genius that gave my lyrics the base (thanx for that Sebastian), having a beautiful voice on my side, that became more and more to the Deadlock trademark (Thanx Sabine). And thanks to all the people that worked for or with us troughout those years.

All the best to the new Deadlock team. I will never forget those years.

Source: Newsletter

Comments powered by CComment